Scopus launched in November 2004, is the largest abstract and citation database containing both peer-reviewed research literature and qua lity web sources. With over 18,500 titles from more than 5,000 international publishers, Scopus offers researchers a quick, easy and comprehensive resource to support their research needs in the Scientific, Technical, Medical and Social sciences fields and, more recently, also in the Arts and Humanities.
Scopus at a glance, updated January 2017 :
- 21,500 active titles:
- 21,500 peer-reviewed journals (including 4,200 Open Access journals).
- 360 trade publications.
- 530 book series.
- 7.2 million conference papers from over 83,000 worldwide events.
- 60 million records:
- 38 million records with references back to 1996 (of which 84% include references).
- 22 million records pre-1996 which go back as far as 1823.
- 27 million patent records from five patent offices.