Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) is an international community of over 14,000 individual members. Almost 500 academic, manufacturing, research and development, service and consulting organizations, government, and military organizations worldwide are institutional members. SIAM was incorporated in 1952 as a nonprofit organization to convey useful mathematical knowledge to other professionals who could implement mathematical theory for practical, industrial, or scientific use. Since then, SIAM’s goals have remained the same.
- To advance the application of mathematics and computational science to engineering, industry, science, and society.
- To promote research that will lead to effective new mathematical and computational methods and techniques for science, engineering, industry, and society.
- To provide media for the exchange of information and ideas among mathematicians, engineers, and scientists.
See more : www.siam.org
SIAM publishes 14 peer-reviewed research journals.
- Multiscale Modeling and Simulation
- SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems
- SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics
- SIAM Journal on Computing
- SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization
- SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics
- SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences
- SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis
- SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications
- SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis
- SIAM Journal on Optimization
- SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing
- SIAM Review
- Theory of Probability and Its Applications
- SIAM Journal on Financial Mathematics (NEW)