The mission of Annual Reviews
Annual Reviews is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society.
Annual Reviews articles:
- Capture current understanding of a topic, including what is well supported and what is controversial;
- Set the work in historical context;
- Highlight the major questions that remain to be addressed and the likely course of research in upcoming years; and
- Outline the practical applications and general significance of research to society.
Who uses Annual Reviews?
- Researchers who want to keep abreast of their field and integrate this information with their own activities;
- Researchers who want an introduction to new fields, with a view to developing an interface between different areas of research;
- Students at all levels who want to gain a thorough understanding of a topic; and
- Business people, journalists, policy makers, practitioners, patients and patient advocates, and others who wish to be informed about developments in research.